Friday, December 01, 2006

detach and move on.

the time has come...to detach with love from the things, people, and places that i cannot control or change. i used to think loving was feeling what other people felt, being in their shoes, etc. now, thanks to some wise friends, i am realizing love is about me, too. i can love me as much as i love my family and friends. and the difference this reveals is in the actions i show towards others and myself. i no longer need to 'wallow' in the sorrow of others or myself, but i can show care and concern. i no longer need to surrender boundaries or ideas, but i can show care and concern by honoring and sharing my thoughts and setting my boundaries.

so will this be easy? perhaps not. will it be simple? if i let it be. will it be worth it? (and if worth it means learning how to love a bit better...) absolutely.

may you find and wallow in authentic love in action.

2 Comments:

Anonymous ajm@andrewmarinkovich.com said...

Monika- Good words. You can spend much energy on things that you cannot control. Have fun spending your quality time and energy on that which is good for your spirit.

3:33 PM  
Blogger mo said...

Amen! Amen! Amen, bro!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home